FR. JOHN'S LETTER FROM BISHOP RICE
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM FR. JOHN:
Dear fellow parishioners,
As directed by Bishop Rice, the following measures are directed (among others) until
1. A general dispensation is offered to anyone in the Diocese of Springfield-Cape
Girardeau who does not want to take the risk of attending Mass, regardless of age.
2. Anyone 60 years (CDC designation) or older should not attend Mass, since they
are the most vulnerable to this virus. They are dispensed from the obligation to
3. Persons who have underlying medical issues that put them at risk, or persons
with compromised immune systems, should not attend Mass. They, likewise, would
be dispensed from the obligation to attend Mass.
4. Persons who are not feeling well, no matter how mild the symptoms, should not
attend Mass. They also are dispensed from the obligation.
5. The faithful who are in attendance at Mass are reminded to avoid physical
contact with others and should attempt to keep a safe distance from each other.
These directives and dispensations will remain in effect until further notice. The
diocese will continue to monitor and evaluate the situation, and offer further
directives as circumstances change or as further direction is given by public
Your patience and prayers are encouraged.